Quaint and rustic, the VELD CHALETS, await you to welcome you into the primordial semi-circle of the uroboros. Since the dawn of time humanity has chosen the protective circle to find comfort and nurturing. The VELD CHALETS have specifically been grouped in this formation so that you, the seeker, may come full-circle in the unique experience that awaits you in these grass roots level abodes.
The VELD CHALETS give you the four basic elements of wood, fire, air and water to enable you to re-connect to mother earth and her rich bio-diversity. Even though your comfort is garaunteed with the simple, yet harmonious design of the units, your stay in this enclosure with its communal central fire pit is bound to re-awaken the miracle of creation.
Take a deliberate step back in time and enter the primordial semi-circle of the VELD CHALETS… The only intrusion… as you sit on the elevated deck in the shade of the indigenous Weeping Wattle and White Raison Trees – contemplating the ingenuity of mother nature – could be a few inquisitive giraffes strolling by. Their relaxed, gangly gait no doubt reflecting your relaxed, sublime state of mind…stride by stride!
During mating season the sounds of Impala rams veying and competing for the attention of sleek and seemingly indifferent ewes echoes around the area of the VELD CHALETS. Surrealistic fleeting images of tan coloured shape shifters abound as the Impala go about their intricate mating rituals.
Sights and sounds, vivid images of fauna and flora will be your constant consort during your stay in the VELD CHALETS . Having taken a step back in time with your stay in these adorable A-frame abodes you will have enriched and revitalised yourself beyond measure by your immersion in pristine nature.
- Fully equipped kitchenette with fridge and freezer
- Cooking is done on open fire
- No electricity
- 7 rooms – 3 beds in each room
- No towels
- Ablution block – showers & toilets – in easy reach
- Kitchenette and fireplace seviced once a day
- No service for rooms but extra service can be requested from management at an additional fee
- Check in time: 14h00
- Check out time: 10h00
- No discount for early departures or late arrivals
- R300 pppn sharing en self catering
- R150 pppn sharing en self catering (children 7-12) Primary school
- Children under 7 free – pre-school